Thursday, September 3, 2009

July

July was a very busy month. Sara and her boys came up. She wanted to take them to Bear Lake so we made a trip for 4th of July weekend. Everyone was able to make it. Terry's truck broke down on the way and so they had to go back and get them and there camper. Jeremy's Uncle Calvin came and picked them up when the weekend was over. Pretty kewl guy to go all that way! The weekend was hot and there was some sunburns going around. Even with constant sunblock reapplying the kids except Elayne got a bit of a burn. Probably because they were in the water the whole time. Chantea got attached to Rusty's whale floaty toy. I ended up finding one for her after that weekend. She played on it the whole time. Jeff brought some fireworks so on the 4th we went down to the beach and lit them. I think we all had a fun time and got plenty of sun and sand. For Pioneers Day we went to the rodeo and the parade. I also had a class reunion. The rodeo wasnt as good as it has been but the girls still enjoy going. The parade was good. My reunion was alright. Havent changed much in 10 years. July 28 through the 31st was Girl's Camp. I was glad to have that over with. It was a lot of work and stress that I shouldn't have had to deal with. It turned out good thankfully. I stayed up there almost the whole time. I came back on the morning of the 29th and went back up that night for Livvys birthday. Jeremy came up the first night since our ward was in charge of having priesthood holders there at that time. Its a good experiance for the Young Women. I got to know them better and I must say I'm very lucky. They were so good. There wasnt hardly any problems. They made me be in the leader talent show and decked me out with makeup, frizzed my hair and dressed me up. It took me about an hour to get the makeup off and my hair back to normal. It took a few days to get all the glitter off. I'm sure they are going to blackmail me with the pictures from that. Testimony night was good. The girls really participated and it was great for the one that is not a member and our newer members. I think they felt the Spirit that night. July 29th was Olivias 8th birthday. I had to hurry and get her dolphin cake done when I got home from camp and get stuff ready for her party. We decided to get her a b.b. gun. Jeremy found her a pink one so that made it even better. She got spoiled at her party. It turned out pretty good. They played games and ate cupcakes. The day before Girls Camp the neighbors dog got into the chickens and killed five layers and one meat one. I was ticked. I came home and seen one dead in the front yard and of course the kids seen. I made them go inside and I went out to check the damage. I walked through the gate and the dog was there. He came at me and I kicked at him and he ran off. We called the cops and they told us if the dog is in our animals or comes at us we can shoot it. It steps a foot on our property they get a citation. They got a warning and have to keep him chained up. The dog hasnt been on our place since which is a very smart thing for him. So July was definatly a crazy, busy month.

No comments: