Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Joys of the Season

Our December started off in full swing. The 1st for mutual we did Secret Santa. Usually we go to Walmart and get toys and clothes but this year bishop decided to just do food. The youth were kinda bumbed by it but I seen a lot of them laughing and racing off to get the next item. The next night a couple of us leaders dropped them off to the families. It was fun and a good way to start off the month. On the 3rd was our ward Christmas party. The Young Women are in charge of doing Santa's bags. I went and picked up the stuff for them the day before. Chantea thought she was pretty special because she helped Santa out. We got to the party early so we could load the bags and the kids helped until enough Young Women got there. They were thinking they were elves. =) We did a little better with the whole Santa thing this year. Elayne is going through a shy streak and wouldnt sit on his lap and so of course the picture didnt turn out great. Chantea said from the start she wasnt going to but she sat by him and that was an improvement. The party turned out pretty good. Afterwards Elayne wanted to put her pjs on by herself and thats what the picture is of. She wouldn't let me take them off so I put the feet on her hands then she realized they werent on right. On the 4th I had a doctors appointment and we are having a boy. Just so everyone knows we told no one that I was pregnant until that day. Everything has gone fairly well so far. I had some bleeding a few months ago and they did an ultrasound to check and make sure everything was good. They found a spot where the bleeding came from and so I had to go back in and have that checked out. They checked it out in October and there is an internal membrane. The doctor said its nothing to worry about but if it stays it can limit the baby's movement. So they did this last ultrasound and its still there but its out of the way. I have to go back in on the 18th for a follow up ultrasound to get a better look of his heart and the front of his face. He didnt want to cooperate. He kept putting his arm over his face. Livvy and Alex were pretty excited when they found out. They both screamed. My due date is April 25th. Hopefully everything continues to go well.

No comments: