Saturday, January 3, 2009
Christmas Update
I am so glad the holidays are over. It was just a wierd year. I didnt get to really sit back and enjoy them like normal. It came and went so quickly it seems. Christmas Eve we usually have the LeCheminant party but it got canceled because Kerma was in the hospital again. She got life flighted down Sunday the 21st. We decided to wait on the party until she got out. We dropped off my parents presents and picked up the gifts from them. Then we drove around looking at Christmas lights. The kids were tired accept for Chantea and wanted to go home and go to bed. Livvy got into bed and forgot to throw the reindeer food out so I had to do that. Christmas Livvy was awake a little after 5. She got on Elaynes moniter and said "Mom, Dad are you awake? Its Christmas!" It was cute. The rest of the kids were asleep so Livvy had to wait for a little while. They were pretty excited when they got downstairs. Chantea was the best when she opened up her Tumbles dog. She has been wanting it for months. Alex was pretty excited about her doll that sits on the potty and Jeremy got the girls a DS to share so Livvy was pretty happy about that and her guitar. I made out pretty good. Jeremy made me two nightstands and got me a log bed and new matresses. It is really nice. I got lots of good stuff. Jeremy spoils me. I got Jeremy a 300 Winchester short mag. Now he has no excuse for not getting an elk this year. =) It was a good Christmas. We just took it easy all day. Friday we went to Utah to see Darwin and Kerma. My parents watched the girls except for Elayne. We stayed at the hospital until supper then left to get a room and ate at Red Robin. The next morning we went back up to the hospital. We were planning on leaving that afternoon but Kerma wasnt doing well. She was starting to hurt again and we decided to stay. Sunday when we got there she was up and sitting on her bed and looked totally different. She got the pain under control and was doing good. The doctor took her staples out and told her if all was well she could go home on Monday. Monday was a nutty day. I went into work and did paychecks and statements then hurried home to get ready to go to a cabin at Badger Creek with the Young Women and Young Men. We left around 11:30. We got there and had to hike up to the cabin which wasnt the best thing I've done. I had Elayne, diaper bag, sleeping bag and a bag. It was some what uphill which made it even better. =P We got set up and waited around for the guy to turn the tow rope on so we could go sledding. By the time he got it on the wind was getting nasty. I took Elayne down once and she loved it. I think she liked going up the rope more though. I went down a few times with the Young Women but the hill wasnt slick because we were the first ones on it since it snowed last. After supper we talked and played games. Lights out was 10:30 but of course that didnt happen. It was after 2 before I got into bed and then kept waking up. Elayne woke up a little after 6 so I decided to get dressed and find something to entertian her so everyone could sleep. The bathroom was outside which was fun. You had to walk around the cabin to get to it. Tuesday was a nice day out. The sled hill was great. It was slick and so you got some good speed and there were a few bumps. Elayne fell asleep so I got to do a bit of sledding. I did crash a few times but it was a blast. I hurt the next day! We were supposed to leave around 1:00 but the Young Mens leaders truck wouldnt start. After a half hour I left because two of the girls had to be home for work and basketball. By the time I got home I was worn out. The girls stayed at Christas both days and Jeremy had them Monday night. She took them to Marley and Me with her mom and they had fun. Jeremy had a basketball game that night and so they got to see him play. Wednesday at 8:00 I had a dentist appointment to get my wisdom teeth out. I was done in 45 minutes. It was really quick and didnt hurt too bad. There was a dull ache but that was it. It just felt weird and I couldnt open my mouth much or eat. Drinking was even weird. I ended up going to Rexburg to get work supplies at Walmart and Livvy a new guitar string and some books at Chesbro. I found Twilight piano music and picked it up. =) I told the girls if they were good we'd get a milkshake at Dairy Queen. We picked some up for Jeremy, James and Josh because they were working at Sugar on the junior high and figured they would like some. That night I had to go to the New Years Eve dance. I didnt get home until after1:00. There was a good turn out. I think the youth enjoyed it. I served rootbeer and checked the food all night. Thursday I dont remember what went on. Must of been too tired. Friday we had the LeCheminant Christmas party at 12. We had sandwhiches and opened presents. The girls had fun. After the party we came home and Jeremy worked on our bedroom. Today that is what he's been doing. I can't wait to get the bathroom done. It will be nice. Next week Livvy and Alex go back to school and life hopefully will calm down a bit. I feel like I'm going crazy. I've been on the go continually and I dont like that. We hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year and will talk to ya soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment