Sunday, December 14, 2008

Getting Closer!

Yes the countdown to Christmas is getting closer. My kids have been singing Christmas songs since after Thanksgiving and have been practing reindeer names and being reindeer. Good thing I know there names. Now if it wasnt so crazy at this time of the year it would be a bit more enjoyable. I think everything just gets crammed into December. This week has been busy. Monday night we went to Rexburg and got a tree with Mom and Dad. Good family home evening. =) Tuesday was the ward Christmas party. To start it off the Young Women are in charge of loading the bags. Thankfully my counselor called that morning and asked if we were supposed to get the stuff for the bags also. I'm like uhhh no clue! No one told me. I just got told we were putting the goodies in the bags before the party. So I had to make a few phone calls and found out thatYes I am supposed to do that". Nice! So I had to make a quick trip to Broulims and get stuff. Not too happy but I should've been smart enough to ask. Got too many other things on my mind at the moment. The party had a great turn out and we didnt run out of bags. The kids got to sit on Santas lap minus Chantea. At the age of Santa is scary to sit on his lap age. hehe! Elayne kept giving him wierd looks but did good. Next year will be different! Also Tuesday Kerma had to go back in to surgery because she started hurting and swelling. They didnt find anything so they thought maybe an infection and put her on medicine. So she wasnt able to come home on Wendsday like planned. Wendsday Jeremy had a ball game and they lost by 3 points to one of the better teams. Not too bad. Thursday I went with Mom to Rexburg to drop off some stuff for Grandpa Clinger. We visited with him for awhile and then went up to Madison Memorial to see the gingerbread house display. There are some talented people! They were good and the kids enjoyed. I was hungery afterwards. At 7:00 Livvy and I had to go to a basketball meeting. It was fairly quick. They just explained a few things and let the kids see who there coaches were. Livvy is on Paul Hathaways team. I think it will be good. He knows basketball. Friday we had the Elders Quorm party. The kids got to spend more time at my parents. They are probably getting tired of babysitting kids. The party was good. Not a good turn out but the food was good. Saturday we woke up to snow on the ground and wind. It was just nasty out. Jeremy had to deliever some windows in Island Park. Great weather for going up that way. Saturday was our work day. Jeremy did stuff at work and I got stuff done at the house. Today was the Primary Christmas Program. The girls did great. It was a good program. They had pictures in the announcements that the kids drew. I got lucky and found Livvy and Alexs. It was a neat idea to do that. I had a meeting before church started. It was just the Young Women and Young Men presidencies so it wasnt too bad. The rest of the day we just rested. It was freezing outside. It was in negatives and single digits all day. Jeremy did go and scrape snow at the church this morning then at the house this evening. It makes if feel more Christmasy with snow piles. =) This week is pretty busy. Monday I have to go do paychecks and taxes. Tuesday is go get grocery day. =P That night Jeremy has a ball game and I have mutual at 7. We are wrapping presents for Sub for Santa so the kids can come with. Wendsday I have Baptisms for the Dead. I am pretty excited for that. Be my first time in Rexburg temple besides the open house. We get to go five times next year. Jeremy may come if he doesnt have to go to Utah to pick up windows for Central School. So far Thursday and Friday are empty. Its a good thing because I have a lot of stuff to do for Christmas. I've got two blankets that need done and I wanted to make candy. Blankets are the most important thing on the list. Then theres all the little time consuming things. Jeremy just talked to his dad a little while ago and they are on there way home. Yay! I am so relieved. They have been there for two weeks. I just hope that Kerma can get feeling better now. She needs to gain some weight and get some rest. Darwin has got to be happy to be back. Hospitals aren't the most entertaining places around. Besides all the beeping drives me nuts. Everyone keep her in your prayers! I will try to update again before Christmas depending on how busy it gets.

1 comment:

Christa&James said...

I tagged you with the "Spirit of Christmas" award. :)